AmericaView advances Earth observation education through remote sensing science, applied research, workforce development, technology transfer, and community outreach.
-- Incorporated 2003
Education & Outreach
Energize Earth Observation Education and Outreach
- Develop experiential learning activities, games, demonstrations, and art displays designed to enhance geospatial literacy.
- Engage with K-12 teachers to develop and maintain standards-based educational materials and activities that link STEAM disciplines to community needs and issues.
- Provide higher education students with an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment within internships, service learning programs, research opportunities, and interdisciplinary group projects.
- Train the current workforce in industry, government, and academia using new data, products, tools, and methods.
- Reach diverse audiences through informal education to promote the awareness and importance of Earth observation in society.
Expand Local, National, and International Strategic Partnerships
- Expand its national program by identifying opportunities that sustain and expand the consortium.
- Foster the development of educational resources that support Earth observation education, are freely available, and provide a foundational resource for the use of EO information and data to improve our world.
- Establish strategic partnerships by identifying EO needs and opportunities in the public, private, and educational sectors.
- Expand its international reach by establishing strategic partnerships through the GEO programs – with a focus on disaster and emergency response and education.
- Expand working partnerships within and between StateView programs.
Strengthen Applied Remote Sensing Research
- Augment EO research to address local to global geospatial information needs.
- Secure funding from a variety of sources for sustaining and expanding applied remote sensing research at local to global scales.
- Promote the awareness and applications of new and operational sensors, platforms, data characteristics, and their use in EO.
- Expand innovative use of EO data, products and analytics by mobilizing the AV network.
- Disseminate research methods and results through various publication formats and data portals that convey remote sensing procedures, best practices, and workflow recipes.
Serve as a Recognized National Remote Sensing Resource
- Collaborate broadly with related organizations on research, outreach, and education to advance EO concepts and capabilities.
- Champion AmericaView expertise in word and action.
- Articulate the unique identity of AmericaView and its StateViews.
- Continuously review and renew AV resources for relevance to the EO community.
- Capture the imagination of the public and educate all communities.
AmericaView Hosts Congressional Briefing on the Importance of Remote Sensing and Earth Observation EducationContinue reading
On Monday, April 24th, 2023, AmericaView, in collaboration with G2G Consulting, hosted a virtual Congressional Briefing on the importance of remote sensing (RS) and Earth observation (EO) education. More than 100 individuals registered for the event and more than 80 attended. The briefing was recorded and will be made available. Briefing topics included the background […]
AmericaView Supports USGS National Land Imaging Program and NASA in Navajo Nation STEM ActivityContinue reading
AmericaView members traveled to Window Rock, Arizona, the capital of the Navajo Nation, to support a community-wide Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) event. The event, Nihimá Nahasdzáán – The Art of Mother Earth Gallery Event – was held at the Navajo Nation museum and featured a number of interactive remote sensing and Earth observation […]
AmericaView Receives the Department of Interior and NASA William T. Pecora Group AwardContinue reading
The William T. Pecora Award, established in honor of Dr. William T. Pecora, former Director of the U.S. Geological Survey and early visionary of using remote sensing of earth from space, is an annual award presented to individuals and teams that have used satellite or remote sensing applications to make “outstanding contributions towards understanding the […]
FlyHigh4Geo – Empowering Four Corners Geography Education through Earth ObservationContinue reading
Feature Image: AmericaView team members work with Navajo students flying NASA AREN AEROKATS kites. In 2020 as the global COVID-19 pandemic was begging to grip the world, AmericaView was awarded a National Geographic Society grant to help build geography education and understanding in the Four Corners region of the United States. AmericaView proposed to develop […]
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.