WBM 2017: Reston, Virginia the week of April 2nd
Sunday April 2nd
9 am to 5 pm Board meeting at the Sheraton Reston.
6 pm to 7:30 pm Welcome Reception at the Sheraton Reston. Dinner on your own.
Monday, April 3rd
8 am to 5 pm Meeting at USGS, 12202 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA. One breakfast per room will be provided for those staying at the conference hotel and lunch will be on your own at the USGS cafeteria. Transportation will be provide to USGS.
6 pm to 8 pm Business Dinner at the Sheraton Reston.
Tuesday, April 4th
8 am to 5 pm Meeting at Sheraton Reston. One breakfast per room will be provided for those staying at the conference hotel. Lunch is provided for all attending the meeting.
Wednesday, April 5th and if needed Thursday, April 6th
Congressional Outreach Visits.
If you have suggestions about the agenda, please email
Conference Hotel and Registration
Please make your hotel reservations and register for the conference by March 2nd by clicking Hotel and Registration.
Outreach Congressional Visits
For information on the Congressional Visits, please click on Outreach Visits.
We will be having a virtual poster session at USGS on Monday. Instead of hanging posters, we will be projecting pdfs of the posters in the auditorium and the poster presenters will have a few minutes to talk about their poster. Important poster deadlines:
- February 1, 2017 – Reserve a slot in the program by emailing your intentions to submit a poster
- February 15, 2017 – Provide the poster title and abstract by filling out the WBM Poster Form
- March 23, 2017 – Email a pdf of your poster to
The nearest airport is Dulles International Airport (IAD) and there is a complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Sheraton Reston between 5:30 am and 12 am. Click for more information on the Sheraton Shuttle.
USGS Security and Visitor Information
- USGS requires all visitors to present government-issued identification for access to its facilities. State-issued driver’s license that are REAL ID compliant are a valid form of identification.
- Please refer to the Real-id-enforcement policy for the most current list of states that are compliant with the Real Id Act or have been granted an extension.
- As a prerequisite to access WI-FI at USGS, all guest users must have anti-virus software installed on their laptop and the latest virus definitions downloaded and applied.
- Please view http://www.usgs.gov/visitors/ for driving directions to USGS, parking information and other visitor information.
FTM 2017: Sioux Falls, SD the week of Nov. 13th
- The 2017 FTM in Sioux Falls, SD will be the week of November 13, 2017